On April 16th, Unilever Food Solutions, #FairKitchens and the National Restaurant Association launched a FREE series for foodservice professionals that covers a range of topic to support mental health and wellbeing.
Practical Mental Health for Foodservice Industry
In this webinar, brought to you from Unilever, we’ll talk with include four-time James Beard award-winning TV personality, chef, writer, teacher and social justice advocate Andrew Zimmern and Pamela Paresky Ph.D., director of the Aspen Center for Human Development and a writer for Psychology Today. We’ll share tips specifically tailored to those working in foodservice. You’ll leave the webinar with tips and tricks for managing your own mental health as we move through this time together.
Motivation for Nutrition & Physical Wellness
How can you best take care of your nutritional and physical needs? We’ll hear from nutrition expert, Heather Mangieri MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN, about tips and tricks for nutrition and physical wellness focused on the needs of the foodservice community. We'll also be joined by friend of #fairkitchens, Senior Editor at Food & Wine and host of the"Communal Table" podcast, Kat Kinsman.
Creating a Better Employee Morale Now & Moving Forward
In this webinar, we’ll talk with mental health and food service professionals to identify practical tips for supporting employees and coworkers. When it comes to job insecurity, traumatizing pivots and isolating a social, service-oriented population, restaurant teams are facing huge challenges.
Three takeaways from this webinar:
- How to identify areas you can safely provide support
- How to support employees and coworkers with their mental health and wellness
- How to support the foodservice community in general during this time
Cultivating Diversity & Inclusion and a Positive Workplace in Highly Stressful Times
The restaurant industry faces unique challenges when it comes to discrimination, mental health and wellness and empathy. In response to these challenges, the President and Founder of the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA) will talk with Leonard Yip, Chief People Officer, Panda Express and Jamal Rasoully, CEO Halal Shack about how to manage diverse workforce and a changing reality.
Three takeaways from the webinar:
- Cultural insights and specific recommendations for restaurant managers on how to best support multicultural employees, customers, and communities with challenges brought on by COVID
- How discrimination & health disparities impact communities of color and restaurant management both during and after COVID-19
- Vital considerations during the process of re-opening restaurants