We’ve heard from many of you in our community that it can be difficult to find the best resources and expertise to support you, your staff and your business during this uncertain time for our industry.
To help you stay informed, we have compiled a list of reliable resources that will support you to understand the situation in your country and take relevant action to protect yourself and others. This page will be updated as new information develops.
- Government of Canada COVID-19 Updates
- Alberta: Government of Alberta Recommendations
- British Colombia:
- Manitoba: Government of Manitoba Employer Recommendations for COVID-19
- Nova Scotia: Government of Nova Scotia Info for Employers and Community Groups
- New Brunswick: Work Safe New Brunswick Information for respitory viruses and the workplace
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Government of Newfoundland and Labrador COVID-19 Update
- Northwest Territories: Government of Northwest Territories COVID-19 Information
- Nunavut: Nunavut Department of Health Information for COVID-19
- Ontario: Government of Ontario General COVID-19 Recommendations
- Prince Edward Island: Government of PEI COVID-19 Recommendations
- Quebec: Government of Quebec Business Measures Recommendations
- Saskatchewan: Government of Saskatchewan General COVID-19 Recommendations
- Yukon: Government of Yukon Information about COVID-19
- Restaurants Canada’s COVID-19 resources for foodservice operators. The latest resources for handling health and safety concerns surrounding COVID-19. This page will be updated as new information develops.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced last week that there is a one-week waiting period for EI sickness benefits will be lifted for those who are in quarantine or self-isolation. The government has also earmarked $12 million to beef up EI’s work-sharing program, which can supplement a worker’s income when employers have cut hours due to a downturn. More info here.
- SYSCO Canada’s Podcast on COVID-19 with Industry Experts.
Checkout episode released on 3/28 on the topic of supporting Mental Health in our industry at this time.
Episode on what UFS is doing to support the industry at this time with VP of Sales, Scott Zimmer. Click here.
- SYSCO Foodie Snap Back Webinar on May 8th on dishes with lower Food Cost and #FairKitchens
- Canada Takeout Day: Let’s make Wednesdays Takeout Day
Mental Health and Wellbeing Resources
- Headspace: This app has recently released a lot of content from behind the paywall globally that will help individuals with stress, anxiety, fear, change and panic. Check out their resources hub for best practices, guides, and employee-facing materials to help you introduce Headspace to your organization.
- UFS Academy: FREE Employee training on mental health and wellbeing for you and your teams. The UFS Academy also provides additional training to support the well-being of staff at this time, more info on personal hygiene, safety in food delivery and mental health support you and your teams
- Restaurants Canada and Unilever Food Solutions webinar on managing stress and mental health. Click here to view the recording.