Important legal notice
Please read this notice carefully. It regulates your use of the site and all material within it.
Access to and use of this Unilever PLC/Unilever NV site is subject to the following terms and conditions and the laws of England and Wales.
Copyright© Unilever PLC/Unilever NV 1998-2002. All rights reserved. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sound, software and other materials on this site are owned by Unilever PLC/Unilever NV and affiliated companies or are included with permission of the relevant owner. References to affiliates or affiliated companies shall include all members of the Unilever Group.
You are permitted to browse this site and to reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk and by distribution to other people but, in all cases, for non-commercial, informational and personal purposes only. No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site, whether in hard copy or electronic format, including posting to any other site. No other license or right is granted.
All trademarks displayed on this site are either owned or used under license by Unilever PLC/Unilever NV and affiliates.
Availability of Products
Unilever PLC/Unilever NV do not themselves supply any products or services to customers. Reference to any product or service on the site does not constitute an offer to sell or supply that product or service and does not mean that the product or service is available in all countries or that the name, description or specification of the product or service will be the same as that included on the site. Specific advice concerning the availability and suitability of any particular product or service should be sought from the local Unilever PLC/Unilever NV affiliate or distributor concerned.
No information at this site shall constitute an invitation to invest in Unilever PLC/Unilever NV or any affiliate. The price of shares and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
The information on this site has been included in good faith but is for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied on for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as regards its accuracy or completeness. The price of shares and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Neither Unilever PLC/Unilever NV nor any affiliates nor their or their affiliates' officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of any access to or use of this site or any site linked to it including, without limitation, any loss of profit, indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this site as and when we consider it appropriate and without notice.
At various points throughout the site you may be offered automatic links to other internet sites relevant to a particular aspect of this site. This does not indicate that Unilever PLC/Unilever NV or affiliates are necessarily associated with any of these other sites or their owners. Whilst it is the intention of Unilever PLC/Unilever NV that you should find these other sites of interest, neither Unilever PLC/Unilever NV, nor affiliates, nor their or their affiliates' officers, employees and agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other sites or any information contained in them, none of which have been verified or endorsed by Unilever PLC/Unilever NV or affiliates. If at any time you find that you have accessed another site you may return to this site by clicking on the "backwards" arrow, or by keying in the domain address of Unilever PLC/Unilever NV (http://www.unilever.com).
The comments, visuals, videos and other content posted by fans on this site ("User Content") do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of Unilever, its employees or affiliates. Accordingly, Unilever is not responsible for any User Content and does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made on the Unilever Food Solutions NA Facebook Page.
You may not post any User Content (and we may in our discretion remove any User Content) that contains materials or information that falls into any of the following categories:
- Materials that defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Defamatory, obscene, indecent, profane or otherwise objectionable material or information;
- Materials that include information that is false, misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent, or deceptive, or that promotes illegal activities;
- Material that violates the copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of another;
- Materials that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Materials that advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or that otherwise are commercial in nature; or
- Materials that violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law
In addition to the license that you grant to Facebook to use your User Content, you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, global and royalty-free license to Unilever, its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective licensees, successors, assigns and those acting under their permission (collectively, the "Unilever Parties"), to reproduce, distribute, exhibit, publish, perform, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use the User Content that you post on the Unilever Food Solutions NA Facebook Page in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, with or without attribution to you, for advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, merchandising, packaging, public relations and media purposes and for any other lawful purposes whatsoever. The foregoing grant of rights includes, without limitation, the right of the Unilever Parties to use, in any manner whatsoever, any information, designs, ideas, or concepts contained in such User Content (including, without limitation, any ideas pertaining to any products or advertising campaigns of the Unilever Parties), with or without attribution to the you, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services.
Unilever Canada- Burger Route Operator Submission Policy
By submitting a photograph, image, video, recording, text, comment, logo, graphic, or other content (“Content”) to Unilever Canada Inc., (“Unilever”), you, on your own behalf, and on behalf of any corporation, organization, or other legal entity you represent, (collectively “you”), agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of the following Submission Policy (“Policy”). For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, you, on behalf of yourself, and your successors, heirs and assigns, hereby agree with, warrant, and represent to Unilever and its advertising and promotion agencies and/or others working for or on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, successors and assigns and any publishers, or other interested media as follows:
- Your Content is original to you and you have all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of any photographer) in and to your Content to provide Unilever with the rights set out in this Policy;
- Your Content does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Your Content does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Content, then his/her face must be blurred out);
- Your Content will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever;
- Your Content is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Unilever, or your restaurant operation participating in the Hellmann’s® Burger Route; any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, (for example, a photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; and any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Unilever in its sole discretion;
- You grant to Unilever and its affiliates, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, transferable (including through multiple tiers), license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, translate, broadcast, edit or otherwise use your submitted Content, including your image/name/likeness if contained therein, (in any format or media), or any material based upon or derived therefrom, or to refrain from so doing, in whole or in par, in any manner or media whatsoever,
including, without limitation, for any and all advertising, promotion and/or other purposes of trade;
and (ii) waive all moral rights in and to your Content in favour of Unilever and anyone authorized by Unilever to reproduce or otherwise use the Content. This includes the right to place your Content on a public facing website(s), and to use any ideas you submit (including ideas about our products or advertising campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any obligation to you;
- You acknowledge and agree that any and all materials created by or for Unilever that incorporate, in whole or in part, the Content, (the “Materials”), shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Unilever and that Unilever shall retain all intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, copyright, that exist in the Materials;
- You shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation or benefit, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of the use of the Content or the Materials. Unilever reserves the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to remove, edit, or otherwise modify any Content that does not adhere to this Policy, or for any other reason, in our sole and absolute discretion;
- No additional rights or consents are necessary to grant Unilever the rights provided herein; and
- You hereby agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless Unilever, its affiliated companies and each of its respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, (collectively, the “Unilever Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, sums, damages, demands, costs and expenses (“Losses”) incurred or suffered by any of the Unilever Released Parties that arise, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with a breach or alleged breach of your warranties and representations as outlined herein, including any Losses arising out of Content you submit, including (but not limited to) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.