NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, WHO ARE 19 YEARS OF AGE AND ARE FOOD SERVICE OPERATORS WITH A VALID FOOD SERVICE BUSINESS ADDRESS. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. Promotion Period: The UFS Baja Chef Promotion (the “Promotion”) begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 11, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 25, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Canada, who are 19 years of age or older as of date of entry and are food service operators with a valid food service business address. Employees, representatives and agents of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (the “Sponsor” or “Unilever”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, Promotion and judging agencies (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, children and siblings) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
3. How To Enter: During the Promotion Period, you may enroll in the Baja World Cuisine series by requesting a free sample on ufs.com/baja. Once your request has been submitted, you will receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per person. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means which subvert the Entry process are void. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your internet service provider will apply. Automated Entries, or those generated by script or both are not eligible. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries become property of the Sponsor. The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person. Normal Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service provider will apply.
4. Promotion Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET on March 27, 2019 from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion at their office in Melville, NY USA. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): “Grand Prize” (1): A 6-day/5-night trip for two (2) to a resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Trip includes round-trip economy class air transportation from the major (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) airport nearest the winner’s home in Canada to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; round-trip ground transportation between airport and resort; five (5) night accommodations at a Sponsor-selected resort (based on double occupancy and availability) (ARV: $6,307 CAD). ARV is based on a departure from the city of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada, although the actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure. All Grand Prize components are subject to availability. Actual ARV of Grand Prize may vary due to winner’s residence, dates of travel and fares at time of travel. No difference will be provided. No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the Grand Prize (or portion of the Grand Prize) is unavailable. Grand Prize and Grand Prize components may be substituted for any reason at the discretion of the Sponsor.
6. Grand Prize Rules: Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and travel companion must possess all necessary valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID, passport, etc.) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Winner and travel companion must have no barrier to entry into Mexico, or return to Canada. Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply. Grand Prize trip must be taken within one (1) year of notification or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen travel vouchers or certificates. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, meals, ground transportation, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, entertainment and transfers, are Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility. If the Grand Prize winner (and/or his/her travel companion) does not utilize any part(s) of the Grand Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in its entirety and no additional compensation will be provided. All travel arrangements relating to the Grand Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents. Travel companion must be 19 years of age or older as of date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the Grand Prize winner. Travel companion must execute the Sponsor’s form of liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Grand Prize winner may be required to document the Grand Prize trip and create social media content (including photos and stories) and post the content on his/her public Instagram account using the hashtag #WorldCuisinesBaja. Sponsor may use this content in any way it sees fit, including posting on any of their social media sites/websites and potentially other mediums. By submitting any content using the hashtag #WorldCuisinesBaja, you warrant and represent that such content:
i. is original to you and that you have all necessary rights to provide us with the licence below;
ii. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
iii. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
iv. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
v. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Sponsor;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a Photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; and
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor and its Administrators in their sole discretion.
By submitting content using the hashtag #WorldCuisinesBaja, you: (i) grant to the Sponsor and Unilever Canada, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use such content, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waive all moral rights in and to such content in favour of the Sponsor and Unilever Canada; and (iii) agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Unilever Canada and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
7. General Rules: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid. Potential Grand Prize winner will be emailed a Declaration of Compliance and Liability Release which he/she will be required to sign and return via e-mail/e-mail link within three (3) days of notification attempt or Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entrants, at the discretion of the Sponsor and time permitting. If potential winner fails to return the completed Declaration within three (3) days, or if Declaration is returned as undeliverable or if potential winner is deemed ineligible, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entrants, at the discretion of the Sponsor, and time permitting. Declaration will be sent to the potential winner via e-mail/e-mail link. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution (cash or otherwise) is allowed. Acceptance of Grand Prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Winners, by accepting a Grand Prize and all Entrants, as a condition of Entry, agree, as applicable, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Unilever Canada Inc. and their respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use/misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or from any prize-related activity or for any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. In case of dispute, Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of registration. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Promotion; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner: or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its Administrators are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries and administration of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Void outside Canada and where prohibited by law and subject to all local, provincial, and municipal laws. As a condition of entering in the Promotion, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) to the extent permitted by applicable law, and for entrants other than individuals residing in Quebec, all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
For Residents of Quebec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
8. Winner: For the name of the winner, available April 22, 2019, send a 3” x 5” paper with your complete name and address, by May 22, 2019, to: The UFS Baja Chef Promotion - Winner, 100 Marcus Drive, Attn: EG, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
9. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Ave, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 USA. The Administrator of the Promotion is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.